GAME ADDICTION among Adolescents
- Judge playing games in a positive way
- Analyze the negative effects of game addiction
- Identify the symptoms of game addiction
- Students should be able to
- Do anyone face any problem due to long time gaming?
- Do you want to discuss any of your experience after playing games for long time?
- After playing video games or computer games can you feel any difference?
- Headache / Migraine
- Taunting dreams
- Cold awareness
- Physical illness
- Anger and verbal abuse, sometimes extreme
- Excessive crying
- Lack of motivation
- Difficulty facing obligations, procrastination
- Boredom/ Inability to find an activity of interest
- Feelings of emptiness
- Uncontrollable feelings
- Mood swings
- Non-school hours are spend on the computer or playing games
- Falling asleep in school
- Falling behind with assignments
- Degradation in academic performance
The âBlue Whaleâ Challenge:
A teen boy comes across the online game, The Blue Whale. He is given one challenge after the other. He accomplishes every task and keeps on moving to the subsequent levels. The final and concluding challenge asks him to commit suicide. He clicks himself on top of a building and jumps. If police speculations are to be believed, this is what led to the death of the 14-year-old Mumbai boy four days ago. This is the first death in India, which is being linked to the infamous Game: Blue Whale . The standard 9 boy had allegedly discussed the game with his friends, telling them about the final stage. They thought he was joking when he told them he won't be coming to the school anymore. The game is believed to have rocked many teen lives in Russia and even in the UK.
The vow for the prevention of game addiction:
- Do not miss your bedtime because of playing games.
- Keep track of your daily playing game times.
- Play games after finishing your daily work.
- Keep your computers where you can share of your parents.