As we see in the
picture, kids are not very interested in books nowadays. Therefore, I tried to
combine both books and technology in my WebQuest.
This WebQuest was built to help students with reading literary pieces, and creative writing. My favorite part about this webquest is that it allows students to learn specifics, but to also be creative with their final project.
This WebQuest helps students:
- improve reading comprehension
- understand the general meaning. main ideas and sequence of events in a text and use this knowledge as needed.
- present information about a topic in writing, using basic organizational skills.
- use basic vocabulary and simple syntax.
- describing people, places, things and events.
- produce a short piece of coherent writing.
- Pupils become acquainted with and relate to short literary texts written in simple langauge, appropriate to their age and interests.
- learn to identify literary elements.
- create a guideline for a specific type of writing
- improve their creative writing
Fairy tales definition: Elements Found in Fairy Tales. http://www.surfturk.com/mythology/fairytaleelements.html
The Frog Prince e-book: Oxford Owl Website: http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/EBooks/The_Frog_Prince/index.html
The Frog Prince mini- book: Coloring Pages: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/misc/stories/misc-thefrogprince/printouts
Biography of a fairy tale character : http://www.abcteach.com/free/b/biographyform_fairytale.pdf
Fairy tale story planner: http://www.abcteach.com/free/s/storyplanner_fairytale.pdf