Notice: Undefined variable: ThisIsMyWebQuest in /home/zunalco/public_html/process.php on line 57
- Day 1 - Part 1
- Open a Word Document and Save it as Webquest Vocabulary.
- In this document, write the following vocabulary terms, leaving space between each word that will be defined as you complete the webquest.
- Words: Rate of Change; Slope; Positive Slope; Negative Slope; Zero Slope; Undefined Slope; Coordinates;
Day 1 - Part 2
- Go to the website http://www.dictionary.com. or a similar website.
- Look up the vocabulary terms Rate of Change and Slope.
- Record these definitions in your Webquest Vocabulary document.
Day 1 - Part 3
- Go to the following website http://www.teachertube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=13d62132dda54ef1ec86.
- Watch the video covering Rate of Change / Slope.
- Next, go to the stairwell. Take with you a ruler and a sheet of paper. On your paper, I want you to determine the slope of the steps, expressed as a rate of change (rise/run). Measure the rise and run of the steps in inches. Record the rise and run on your paper. Then, using these measurements determine the slope of the steps.
Day 1 - Part 4
- Download and print the word Document entitled - Rate of Change Worksheet - Webquest.
- Review the example problem and then solve Real-world problem 1 and 2.
Day 1 - Part 5
- Download and print the word Document entitled - Graphs of linear Equations Worksheet - Webquest.
- Review the example problem and then solve the listed problems.
Day 1 - Culminating Event (Formative Assessment)
- This is your mission.
You are to take the role of instructor and explain to me in a few paragraphs how I would do the items below in Part I. Keep in mind that I will be following only your instructions and that I am a beginning Algebra student. This assignment needs to be completed and typed using Microsoft Word.
How do I determine the rate of change after being given a set of data?
How do I determine the slope of a line by looking at a graph of a linear equation?
Day 2 - Part 1
- Search the internet for examples of positive, negative, zero, and undefined slope.
- Copy 1 example down for each type of slope and label it properly (whether it is positve slope, negative slope, etc.)
- Download Identifying + - zero-undefined slope worksheet.
- Identify what type of slope each picture has.
Notice: Undefined variable: ThisIsMyWebQuest in /home/zunalco/public_html/process.php on line 90