Using this WebQuest, you will read the story 10 Little Rubber Ducks by Eric Carle and find out how 10 little bathtub toys fell off a container ship and floated to various places.
The story begins in the factory where the ducks are made. They are then loaded on a freighter but during stormy weather ten little rubber ducks fall into the ocean and float away.
For this assignment you will need to:
• Read the 10 Little Rubber Ducks online (when available) with a partner. If not grab a copy from the classroom library set.
• Recall the events of the story by putting pictures in the correct order.
• Relate and share an experience when you might have been lost or lost something and what happened.
• Cut out ten paper ducks. Use the ducks to follow the directions given from the teacher. Using the paper ducks, line them up on your desk. Identify different ordinal positions of the ducks after receiving instruction from the teacher.
• Write and draw other possible adventures these ducks could have gone on.