- Students will complete a web quest that will help them understand changes in matter that are chemical and physical.
- Students will describe the changes that occur when cookies bake and relate these to a phase change diagram.
- Students will determine when a change is physical or chemical during the cookie construction and, finally, baking.
- Students will select a recipe from a pre-selected web-site.
- Students will be able to determine the variables that are present in the recipe that can cause the cookie to be, well--yucky.
- Students will determine the variables associated with the baking of the cookie that may cause to be,well-- not only yucky but down right YUCKY!
- Students will prepare cookie dough, bake cookies, eat and evaluate each other's cookies using the word document that they must print from the evaluation page.
- Students will also create a time line of the history of the cookie! Students will design the time line using word or microsoft publisher. The students will then submit a hard copy to the instructor and e-mail a copy.
- Students will also be given the opportunity to get physically active and play "Cookie Monster Tag."