Part of this activity will be individual work and part will be done in groups. Follow the directions below and get ready to have some fun!
- Open a Word document and put your heading in the top right corner.
- Save your document as 1960s Webquest.
- Use the following links to find a picture of a madras shirt. Paste the picture in your word document. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=157242 ; http://www.fiftiesweb.com/fashion/1960s-fashion-pants.htm
- Search the following sites for a picture of a 50's/60's male pompadour. Paste the picture in your word document. http://coolmenshair.com/search?q=pompadour
- Use the following links to find pictures of a Corvair and a Corvette. Paste and label each picture. http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/Corvair/ http://www.mustangdreams.com/mdconvert.htm
- Use Google Search Engine to search for a picture of a 'young' Paul Newman. Paste the picture in your word document and write a brief (1 sentence) description of who he was and what he did.
Now, use the website links below to complete the following tasks:
- List 5 bands that were popular during the early to mid 1960ís.
- List 5 popular T.V. shows from the 1960ís.
- Write the names of two presidents in the 1960ís.
- Find the prices of 6 commonly used items in the 1960ís.
- List five popular toys from the 1960ís.
- Read about greasers and write a brief summary of the 1950's/1960ís greaser subculture.
- What are some reasons why a teenager might join a gang in the 60's?
- What were gangs like in the 1960ís?
- List 5 slang words with their definitions.
- List 3 major world events from the 1960's.