1) You will be divided into groups of four.
2) Each group will work together as a team to investigate an animal.
3) Your group will choose from this list of African animals:
Cheetah (African, not Asian)
Elephant (African, not Asian)
Ringtailed Lemur (Monkey)
4) After your group chooses the animal you will study, you will decide which person has each of these jobs:Researcher: the person who finds the information
Scribe: the person who writes down all of the group's findings
Reporter: the person who reports on the groups findings
Artist: the person who makes the animal puppet
5) You will use these Approved Resources:
Ring Tailed Lemur
Puppet Patterns and Directions
5a) The Researcher will be responsible for printing the Animal Investigation Sheet and Animal Habitat Map, finding the information needed to fill them out.
5b) The Scribe will NEATLY write the group's findings on the Animal Investigation Sheet and color in the Animal Habitat Map.
5c) The Reporter will practice (your group members will be your practice audience) and present the group's findings to the class.
5d)The Artist will print out the puppet template and create the group's puppet and make with a background on a piece to manilla paper of the animal's habitat for display.
Remember, it is important for you to help each other to be sure your group's project is a success!
6) After our group presentations, you will watch a PowerPoint about African Animals to see what you have learned.