How will you do it?
At the computer:
1. Visit the links to help answer the essential questions. Use the arrow buttons
on the top left corner of the Web tool bar to go back to the previous page and
explore other links.
* As you visit the sites, complete the worksheet for the corresponding
* Use these links to answer the following questions:
A. About Floridas Culture and Economy:
1. How can you describe the economy of Florida?
2. How can you describe the culture of Florida?
B. About the Space Research and Exploration Program
3. What is meant by space research and exploration?
4. How has space research and exploration affected
the economy and culture of the state of Florida?
5. How much money is spent to fund The Space
Research and Exploration program?
Also watch this video:
The video is also available to view in the Resources section.
C. About whether or not to continue the NASA program, and the
impact the space program has had in the economy and
culture of Florida .
6. Is the space research and exploration program worth the money?
7. How will the discontinuation of the space research and exploration
program affect Floridas economy and culture?
In the classroom
2. After researching the websites, links, watching the video, gathering the information, analyzing the data, and answering the questions; review and practice for the debate.
3. Be prepared to defend your point of view about whether to continue or discontinue The Space Research and Exploration Program in Florida. Base your decision on researched information and evidence.
a. Use the chart provided to organize your thoughts about the advantages,
and disadvantages of the NASA program.