Materials: Computer, internet access, math journal and/or teacher worksheet.
1. Go to http://math.pppst.com/fractions.html
2. Click on "I double-dare you to understand fractions!"
3. Read/Review PowerPoint Presentation.
4. At Slide #25 it directs you to hyperlink: http://www.aplusmath.com/worksheets/fractions.htm
(if this hyperlink does not work, open a new task-bar and type in http://www.aplusmath.com).
5. On left side click on worksheets.
6. Then on the RIGHT side under online worksheets column select fractions.
A. Complete tasks: 1. reducing fractions, 2. multiplication, 3. addition
(Choose 10 practice problems (or more at your teacher's direction) and choose difficulty level: Easy (or different level at your teacher's direction).
7. Look at your results to see if you need MORE PRACTICE!
8. Continue with each section (1. reducing fractions, 2. multiplication, 3. addition).
READY TO SHOW & TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE?!
1. Stay at the website from your practice (http://www.aplusmath.com).
2. On left side click on worksheets.
3. Then click on the LEFT side for printable worksheets.
4. Ask your teacher for a printed worksheet and work the problems. OR, write the problems in your math journal and work the problems. When you are finished click on "View Answers" to check your work. Circle the ones you missed and turn in.