Historic Costume Project
Working alone or in pairs students will research an area of their choice that refers to an influential factor in Fashion’s History. You will compose a catalogue that a consumer of your time period would use to order designer fashions.
Below is a list of possible topics that you may choose from, however you may also choose something different than the examples listed below either within the category or pick a completely different category.
A particular type of ethnic clothing
• History of a specific period of type - You may pick from almost any time period, but here are a few suggestions to get you thinking.
Any Century, 16th, 17th, 18th, etc.
Any Decade in the 20th Century
• History of a specific type of garment
• Fashion influence made by a particular person
• Fashion influence by a particular event
World War II
Women’s right to vote
Women’s Movement – Wearing Pants
• How has a cultural event changed clothing?