In order to be prepared to write the blog you must first do research so that you have appropriate background material. Be sure to use quality web sites for your information. Be thorough in your research and write your resulting blog in your own words. You may copy and paste web addresses for documentation.
- Fill out the chart on specific food borne illness given to you by your instructor.
- Expiration dates
- Sell by dates
- Julian dates
- To help you know what foods typically use each of these, research the following or go home and look in your pantry and refrigerator - meats, canned goods, eggs, milk, packaged foods.
- List and explain the four steps to food safety
- Explain the food danger zone
- Give information on the recent egg recall - include locations, companies, why, which ones? (Where in the egg is the salmonella found? How is it destroyed?)