Read about checking accounts and how to select them.
- Read the How to Select a Checking Account Article
Research checking accounts at the Find a Better Bank website to locate checking accounts in your area based on your needs.
- Print the comparison worksheet.
- Navigate to Find a Better Bank website
- Enter your zip code in the provided field to locate banks closest to you
- In the search pop up, deselect the "include branchless/Internet Banks" option
- Search for the bank within 25 miles of your zip code
- Read through each of the features using the "description" hyperlink
- Specify your features, based on if it's nice to have, must have, or you don't care.
- Fill out the Estimate Your Fees page
- Review the options
- Narrow down to two checking accounts and mark the features on your comparison chart
*** Make a note of the bank's website on your comparison chart.
- In a group of three, discuss the features you encountered in your search.
- Individually, decide which checking account is most appealing to you and mark it at the bottom of your comparison worksheet.
- Read through the Open a Banking Account in 7 East Steps article to understand what you need to do
- Navigate to your chosen bank's website and locate the checking account name you choose
- Print and fill out the My Checking Account Worksheet
- Turn in the completed My Checking Account worksheet with the comparison worksheet (staple them together)