Learners share their experiences of using greetings, introductions and farewells in familiar situations.
Variations and new ways of carrying out these interactions are discussed and practice to enable learners to develop their own style.
Discourse markers are commonly used in greetings, introductions and farewells.
Learners are able to extend their repertoire and feel comfortable in a variety of different situations.
1. The guided teaching and learning sequence
2. Explain that the purpose of this activity is to share what we know about greetings and similar social practices, and to extend the choices we have.
3. Discuss the greetings with the group to elicit their responses to the expressions you used. Talk about other ways to greet people and, as new expressions are shared, talk about the kinds of people and places you might use them.
4. Have learners work in pairs to try out a greeting they have not used before. Ask for feedback when they have done this.
5. In the same way, discuss the different ways we might introduce a new person to the group, to an elder of the community, or to a new boss.
6. Discuss the experience and share understandings about how to introduce people in different situations. This may include the ways we make connections with and between people.
7. Repeat the activity, this time with a focus on saying goodbye in different ways. Discuss options first then have pairs try out several variations before coming back together to discuss the experience.
8. Bring the activity to a close by having the learners review what they have learned, clarifying any misunderstandings.
|Follow directions||Has difficulty to practice speaking||Has some difficulty moving through activities in teaching learning||can move through the activities in teaching learning||Student should to practice and implementing greeting and parting||25%|
|Identifies the speak between greeting and parting||Can identify few speak of greeting and parting||Can identify some speak of greeting and parting||Can identify most of the speak of greeting and parting||Can identify all the speak between greeting||25%|
|Identifies the intonation of speaking||Can identify few intonation of the speaking||Can identify some intonation of the speaking||Can identify most intonation of the speaking||Can identify of each the speaking||25%|
|Analyzing the stress and grammatically of speak greeting and parting||Analyzing few the stress and grammatically of speak greeting and parting||Analyzing some the stress and grammatically of speak greeting and parting||Analyzing most the stress and grammatically of speak greeting and parting||Analyzing each the stress and grammatically of speak greeting and parting||25%|
Total Score: 100