Table / Rubric Module
2. Adding Table/Rubric to your WebQuest
3. Updating Table/Rubric and Using Table / Rubric Functions
4. Frequently Asked Questions
There are certain situations where you may want to present your data in tabular form. Tables allow you to control where on your page you want different components to appear. You can now add a Table (for example: Creating a Rubric) to your WebQuest where you can list your items/conditions in number of rows and columns.
2. Adding Table / Rubric to your WebQuest
- Make sure that you are logged in
- Go to your WebQuest and find "Table/Rubric" tab on the left menu and click on it
- Now hit on "Add New Table".
Figure 1. Adding a New Table
- You will now be asked for a title for your Table" and number of starting Rows and Columns. This is just to get started.
You can add/delete Row or Columns at anytime after you create it). If you are not sure at this time, just leave it as default. Then press "Create Table".
Figure 2. New Page Elements
- Your Table structure is now created. The page will automatically take you to your Table / Rubric Page so that you can update it.
3. Updating Table / Rubric and Using Table / Rubric Functions
Figure 1. Table / Rubric Elements
- Update Table: This will let you update your table by changing the content of table cells and/or adding/removing rows and/or columns. See below.
- Update Content : This will let you update content of your table page (description of your table/rubric or instructions etc. You can change it anytime even after you publish your WebQuest.
- Hide/Show: This will let you hide/show your page from visitors. This way, even though you have a page with content on your WebQuest, you can hide it from visitors when you publish it.
- Rename: This will let you rename your menu item regarding your Table. Short Menu Item refers to your menu located on the left bar, and Long Menu Item refers to Page Title on Top. You can change these anytime.
- Reset: This will let you remove content of your page. This is only necessary when your page gets stuck that you can not update anymore because of copying pasting directly from other websites or a Microsoft Word document that brings unwanted code into your page. Remember, resetting a page means deleting the contents. There will be a warning before deletion.
- Delete: This will let you delete your page completely including image, content and resources. There will be a warning page before deletion.
- Preview/Admin Mode: This will let you preview your page before publishing it online (it will remove all admin buttons so that you can see what visitors will see). You can change it to Admin mode anytime.
Updating Table Cells
Once you click on Update Table button, you will see a page similar to below. Following the instructions, you will be able to modify your table cells. Update Table page will only be available to you as WebQuest Owner (visitors will see your table but not the page below).
- Delete Row: Next to each row, you will see a "Delete Row" button. This will let you delete corresponding row entirely (not the table) and its contents.
- Delete Column: Next to each column, you will see a "Delete Column" button. This will let you delete corresponding column entirely (not the table) and its contents.
- Add New Row : This will let you add a New Row to your table.
- Add New Column : This will let you add a New Column to your table.
- Save Table and Go Back to Table Page: This will let save your Table and will take you to your Table page.
4. Frequently Asked Questions
- How many Table Page can I add to my WebQuest?
One per WebQuest
- How many Rows/Columns can I add to my Table?
- Can I add picture/photo or attach resources (files, videos) to New Pages?