About author(s) page
2. Add/update author information
3. Add/Update author photo
4. Delete author
5. Other page functions
. Frequently asked questions
This section is for you to list the creators of the webquest (you, your team members etc.). You can add as many authors you want or update/remove them later. You can also upload a photo of each author as well.
Figure 1. Screenshot from "About Author(s)" page
Add/update author information
Click on "Add New Author" button and provide information for each author. You can always come back and update the information.
Figure 2. Screenshot of "Add New Author" function on "About Author(s)" Page.
In order to update author information, you need to click on "Update" button next to each author you have added.
Figure 3. Screenshot of "Update" function on "About Author(s)" Page.
Add/update author photo
Adding/updating author photo is possible via "Update Image " button located for each author. (You always need to add author first.)
Once clicked, you will get to a windows where you will be
able to choose an image (photo) from your computer for each author (see below).
Figure 2. Screenshot of "Update Image" on "About Author(s)" Page.
Once selected, please click on "Save Now". Your image/photo will automatically be uploaded, re-sized and placed on your page. You can always come back and change the image/photo.
Delete an author
In order to delete an existing author from your webquest, simply click on "Delete" button.
Figure 2. Screenshot of "Delete Author" function on "About Author(s)" Page.
Once clicked, you will receive a warning about the deletion and you will be asked to confirm "Delete" action. Once confirmed, author info and photo will be deleted.
Other page functions
Figure. Screenshot of "Page Bar" located on each page.
- Rename: This will let you rename your menu label for this page. Short Menu Item refers to your menu located on the left bar, and Long Menu Item refers to Page Title on top. You can change these anytime.
- Hide/Show: This will let you hide/show your page from visitors. This way, even though you have a page with content on your WebQuest, you can hide it from visitors when you publish it.
- Reset: This will let you remove the content of your current page. This is only necessary when your page gets stuck that you can not update anymore because of copying pasting directly from other websites or a Microsoft Word document that brings unwanted code into your page. Remember, resetting a page means deleting the content. Of course, there will be a warning before deletion.
- Help: This will let you get Help about the page you are on.
- Up: This will let you move your page one level up on your WebQuest menu.
- Down: This will let you move your page one level down on your WebQuest menu.
- Reset Order : If your pages seem out of order you can Reset the Order and move your pages up and down again.
- Preview/Admin Mode: This will let you preview your page/webquest before publishing it online (it will remove all admin buttons so that you can see what visitors will see). You can change it to Admin mode anytime.
Frequently Asked questions
- How many authors can I add?