Target Learners: 2nd Grade
2. Acquire the characteristics to be a responsible citizen. (C, H, E)
a. Explain the importance of Americans sharing history and supporting certain values, principles, and beliefs (e.g., holidays, democracy, historical figures, constitution, etc.).
MS Social Studies Framework: 2nd Grade
1. Understand and represent relationships among numbers and operations
(addition, subtraction, and multiplication). Compute fluently using effective
strategies or rote memory.
a. Recall addition and subtraction facts. (DOK 1)
MS Math Framework: 2nd Grade
1. Explore the functions and systems of living things. (L)
a. Explain how plants are used as a food source by living organisms and relate this
to the food chain.
MS Science Framework: 2nd Grade
3. The student will express, communicate, or evaluate ideas effectively.
b. The student will compose descriptive text containing specific details.
MLAF: 2nd Grade
NCSS Standards: Themes
- Time, Continuity, and Change
- People, Places, and Environments
- Civic Ideals and Practices
Social Studies Disciplines