Below are idea for using and extending the Australian Animals WebQuest.
- Activity to go along with a unit on Australia.
- Incorporate in a study of animals.
- Tie into a study on habitat.
- Whole class activity.
- Small group activity.
- Extension activity for gifted.
- Individualized activity for homebound or absent student.
- Individualized activity for resource or learning support student.
- Extra credit.
- Have students write a letter to the curator stating why they think their animal should be included in the zoo.
- Have students design the zoo. What animals, arrangement of exhibits, extra, etc.
- Have students design the habitat for one or more of their animals at the zoo.
- Model or diarama of the zoo exhibit for one or more of their animals.
- Get e-pals in Australia to share information with about native animals in our area.
- Make a website about Australian animals including all of the information the class collected as well as pictures.
- Make a power point presentation.