- 17.C.2a Describe how natural events in the physical environment affect human activities
- 17.C.2b Describe the relationships among location of resources, population distribution and economic activities (e.g., transportation, trade, communications).
- 17.D.2a Describe how physical characteristics of places influence people’s perceptions and their roles in the world over time.
- 17.D.2b Identify different settlement patterns in Illinois and the United States and relate them to physical features and resources.
- 16.A.2c Ask questions and seek answers by collecting and analyzing data from historic documents, images and other literary and non-literary sources.
- 16.E.2a (US) Identify environmental factors that drew settlers to the state and region.
- 16.E.2c (US) Describe environmental factors that influenced the development of transportation and trade in Illinois.
- 3.B.2b Establish central idea, organization, elaboration and unity in relation to purpose and audience.
- 5.C.2a Create a variety of print and nonprint documents to communicate acquired information for specific audiences and purposes.