This web quest is for a Language Arts class in middle school, particularly 6th grade. It is a project based lesson, which incorporates engagement and researching. It also includes collaboration.
The following two details were used in the incorporation of this lesson.
• An oral presentation which enhances oral language development and reading fluency in a diverse population of students
• Web Quest was designed for a diverse population of students enabling them to gather information from a variety of print and digital sources, assess the credibility and accuracy, and integrate the information to support analysis, reflection, and research.
- LAFS.6.W.3.8. – Gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources; assess the credibility of each source; and quote or paraphrase the data and conclusions of others while avoiding plagiarism and providing basic bibliographic information for sources.
- LAFS.6.SL.2.4. – Present claims and findings, sequencing ideas logically and using pertinent descriptions, facts, and details to accentuate main ideas or themes; use appropriate eye contact, adequate volume, and clear pronunciation.
- LAFS.6.SL.1.3 - Delineate a speaker’s argument and specific claims, distinguishing claims that are
supported by reasons and evidence from claims that are not.
- FL-ESOL-2010.4.2.c - Select technological resources (e.g., Web, software, computers, and related media) to enhance instruction for ELLs of diverse backgrounds and at varying English proficiency levels.
- FL-ESOL-2010.3.2.h - Collaborate with stakeholders to advocate for ELLs’ equitable access to academic instruction (through traditional resources and instructional technology).