The purpose of this WebQuest is to focus on the students learning, speaking and writing the alphabets. The age group of these students are from preschool age to kindergarten. Each student should be able to identify and say their alphabets, also they should be able to identify, say, and write their names. These task must have a timely period in which they will be accomplished. For instance for the first two weeks, the teacher would focus on the students practicing how to write the letters.
Some recommendations i would give is to first know your students learning styles and preferences in order to understand their strengths and weaknesses. This is for you to be aware on when and how to change your teaching strategies.
The standards are:
Precise, and consistent
Assist-able in the process of learning
Jamaica Performance Standard:
organisation and individuals’ activities towards their achievement.
2. Discussed and agreed individual performance targets that are aligned to the organisational goals and
3. S.M.A.R.T. Performance targets – specific, measurable, achievable, resourced and time-bound
4. Performance measures designed to track achievement of targets
5. Regular reviews, feedback on performance and adjustments where required
6. Training and development needs identified and addressed
7. Rewards and sanctions applied fairly and equitably
1: Students will make a chart that will help them to not only learn to spell their names but know and identify the letters with their pronunciation. they will recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters. Also they will be able to understand that words are separated by spaces in print and recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
2: Students will be able to identify words by identifying the letters from their names and learn to pronunciation words.
3: Students will be able to connect the letters of their names and the words that has the same letters.
Youtube (2017, 8 Apr), retrieved from: