Social Studies Academic Content Standards:
1. Analyze the effects of World War I
- The role of new technologies and practices including the use of poison gas, trench warfare, machine guns, airplanes, submarines and tanks;
- The Treaty of Versailles and the League of Nations.
2. Analyze the causes of World War II
3. Assess the global impact of post-World War I economic, social and political turmoil.
English Academic Content Standards:
- Analyze the complexities and discrepancies in information and
systematically organize relevant information to support central
ideas, concepts and themes.
- Integrate quotations and citations into written text to maintain a
flow of ideas.
2. Writing Applications
- Write informational essays or reports, including research, that:
include information on all relevant perspectives, considering
the validity and reliability of primary and secondary sources;
- provide a sense of closure to the writing.
- Write persuasive compositions that:
-articulate a clear position;
-support assertions using rhetorical devices, including appeals
to emotion or logic and personal anecdotes; and
-develop arguments using a variety of methods (e.g., examples,
beliefs, expert opinion, cause-effect reasoning).
3. Writing Conventions
- Use correct spelling conventions.
- Use correct capitalization and punctuation
- Use correct grammar (e.g, verb tenses, parallel structure, indefinite
and relative pronouns).
Click on this link to learn about when and why you need to cite your sources
Use the Son of Citation Machine to learn how to put your source in APA format
Is it Reliable?
Use this link to help you determine if the information you have found is reliable
- Society: http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/post-ww1.htm
- Economy: http://people.howstuffworks.com/europe-after-world-war-14.htm
- Technology: http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/FWWtechnology.htm
- Videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNqq1SmoGAo&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tleoyKwwtK0&feature=relatedhttp://www.history.com/media.do?action=listing&sortBy=1&sortOrder=A&topic=MILITARY%20%26%20WAR
- Causes: http://www.rpfuller.com/gcse/history/6.html
- APA Format: http://citationmachine.net/index.php?callstyle=0&all=
- Citation: http://www.turnitin.com/research_site/e_citation.html