Target Learners: This webquest is designed for students at the Algebra I level. This may be middle school or high school students.
Notes for Teaching the Unit: This webquet is to serve as a cumulaitve project following lessons on slope, writing equations between data point, and creating scatterplots. If students are unfamiliar with how to create a voicethread, visit the following website which gives clear directions: http://voicethread.com/#home
1. Students will be able to calculate slope between 2 points.
2. Students will be able to write an equation between two data points after creating a line of best fit.
3. Students will evaluate (explain) the real world meaning of slope, y-intercept and x-intercpets.
4. Students will make predications based on the data: (table, graph, equation)
5. Students will apply the math they are learning in class to a real world situation.
6. Students will enjoy doing math!
Credits: This webquest was designed with the help of the Rockwood School district. Thank you for the idea of using the Mississippi River and mathematics. It is a great opportunity for students to apply what they are learning to the real world.