*Copy enough rubrics for each student to fill out on peer.
*Give each student a folder to keep track of all of the research they complete
*This webquest is intended for
*This webquest is intended for
It fulfills the following Show-Me Standards of
5. processes (such as plate movement, water cycle, air flow) and interactions of earth’s biosphere, atmosphere, lithosphere and hydrosphere.
8. impact of science, technology and human activity on resources and the environment.
Goal 1: Students will demonstrate within and integrate across all content areas the ability to:
1. develop questions and ideas to initiate and refine research
2. conduct research to answer questions and evaluate information and ideas
3. design and conduct field and laboratory investigations to study nature and society
4. use technological tools and other resources to locate, select and organize information
5. comprehend and evaluate written, visual and oral presentations and works
6. discover and evaluate patterns and relationships in information, ideas and structures
Goal 2: Students will demonstrate within and integrate across all content areas the ability to:
1. plan and make written, oral and visual presentations for a variety of purposes and audiences
2. review and revise communications to improve accuracy and clarity
3. exchange information, questions and ideas while recognizing the perspectives of others
4. present perceptions and ideas regarding works of the arts, humanities and sciences
7. use technological tools to exchange information and ideas
Goal 3: Students will demonstrate within and integrate across all content areas the ability to:
1. identify problems and define their scope and elements
2. develop and apply strategies based on ways others have prevented or solved problems
3. develop and apply strategies based on one’s own experience in preventing or solving problems
4. evaluate the processes used in recognizing and solving problems
5. reason inductively from a set of specific facts and deductively from general premises
6. examine problems and proposed solutions from multiple perspectives
7. evaluate the extent to which a strategy addresses the problem
Goal 4: Students will demonstrate within and integrate across all content areas the ability to:
1. explain reasoning and identify information used to support decisions
4. recognize and practice honesty and integrity in academic work and in the workplace
5. develop, monitor and revise plans of action to meet deadlines and accomplish goals
6. identify tasks that require a coordinated effort and work with others to complete those tasks
It fulfills the following NETS stadands by ISTE:
1. Creativity and Innovation: Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
a. Apply existing knowledge to generate new ideas, products, or processes
b. Create original works as a means of personal or group expression
d. Identify trends and forecast possibilities
2. Communication and Collaboration: Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.
a. Interact, collaborate, and publish with peers, experts, or others employing a variety of digital environments and media
b. Communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of media and formats
d. Contribute to project teams to produce original works or solve problems
3. Research and Information Fluency: Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information.
a. Plan strategies to guide inquiry
b. Locate, organize, analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and ethically use information from a variety of sources and media
c. Evaluate and select information sources and digital tools based on the appropriateness to specific tasks
d. Process data and report results
5. Digital Citizenship: Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
a. Advocate and practice safe, legal, and responsible use of information and technology
b. Exhibit a positive attitude toward using technology that supports collaboration, learning, and productivity
c. Demonstrate personal responsibility for lifelong learning
d. Exhibit leadership for digital citizenship
6. Technology Operations and Concepts: Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations.
a. Understand and use technology systems
b. Select and use applications effectively and productively
c. Troubleshoot systems and applications
d. Transfer current knowledge to learning of new technologies
It fulfills the following grade level expectations (GLE):
Strand 5: Earth’s Resources and weather and climate.
1B: The hydrosphere is composed of water (a material with unique properties) and other materials.
1C: The atmosphere (air) is composed of a mixture of gases, including water vapor, and minute particles.
2E: Changes in the form of water as it moves through Earth’s systems are described as the water cycle.