In this Web Quest students are introduced to historical research in which they examine topics and questions related to historical events and current economical issues. By using various sources, students are able to obtain accurate and relevant information. Students are also able to analyze and place events in chronological order, therefore using critical thinking skills while doing so.
This Web Quest was designed using Arizona State standards for Eighth grade Social Studies. All five strands were utilized; one strand per day of the Web Quest. Actual Concepts used include:
1. Monday - Strand 1: Concept 1
2. Tuesday - Strand 2: Concept 1
3. Wednesday - Strand 4: Concept 1
4. Thursday - Strand 5: Concept 4
5. Friday - Strand 3: Concept 4