Task #1: Follow this link: Comparison of Major Religions
Look at the table, and answer the following questions about Christianity, Islam, and Hinduism.
- How many gods do the religion's followers worship? Who are the major gods?
- Where do the followers worship?
- What are the religion's major methods for seeking redemption?
Task #2: Next, use Google to find one resource concerning each of these three religions, write down (or copy and paste) a citation for the resource. Find two intriguing facts about each religion, and record the facts to share with the class.
Life of Pi takes place during a time of political unrest in India.
The family in the novel decides to leave their home for Canada because of the politics of Indira Ghandi.
Task #4:Follow this link http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/bcc8/bigtrip2007/1171107780/tpod.html.
1. Look at the picture to see where Pondicherry, India is.
2. Skim the travelogue and list some interesting facts about Pondicherry. (I.E. What is the atmosphere like? What is it known for?)
4. Examine the pictures so you can see what Pondicherry looks like.
Task #5: Extra Credit