The purpose of this lesson is to answer a few simple questions in order to better understand the importance of introducing native plant species, such as Milkweed, to our garden space. In your groups, you will research and gather information on the following questions:
1. What is Milkweed and what insects does it attract?
2. What purpose do these specific insects have in a garden setting?
3. What types of growing conditions does Milkweed flourish in?
4. How will you sow your seedlings?
5. How long will it take for your seedlings to reach maturity?
Your task as groups is to gather as much relevant information as you can on Milkweed and the insects it will attract. To add a little fun, we will be sowing our own seedlings in groups after our research is complete!