In this activity there are different steps, let's have a look at them:
- Choose a natural disaster or phenomena of your interest. Search, analyse, select, reject, retrieve, assess and manage the information you want to include.
- Use Prezi to create and design the digital presentation.
- Write the script and use appropriate sentences to link ideas.
- Rehearse and rehearse until you are ready and deliver the oral presentation.
- And, last but not least, assess your own performance and your team performance.
As you have noticed, there are many thinks to think about, some among them are:
- What is, in your opinion, the most impressive, destructing or worth to mention natural disaster?
- What information do you want to highlight?
- Who are you going to talk to? Are they experts? Do they understand well English? And, moreover, would they easily understand technical words or facts or figures?
- What verb tense is the most appropriate to describe past events? Do I know some time expressions to give the information in chronological order?
- How does Prezi work?
- What is important when delivering a presentation? What about if I get very nervous and forget all the information?
WOW! Yes, no doubt, writing and giving an oral presentation in a foreign language about an unknown topic and using a new software will be a challenge, for sure!!