Fight back against these evil doers! Research to learn more about a pathogen.
Create an old-Western style WANTED poster about the things you've learned.
In your notebook or on your computer, create a table to organize your notes. In your notes and on your poster, create a section for each of the following pieces of information:
· Ex- Wanted: “Listeria”
· Scientific Name (Ex.: listeria monocytogenes)
2. Mug shot
· Draw or insert a microscopic picture of the pathogen
o Add a picture of the pathogen in action (victim under attack) if possible
· Who is most at risk (Ex: certain age groups or specific geographic areas)
· Body systems it attacks (Ex: nervous, muscle, respiratory, circulatory. etc.)
· Injury to victim a.k.a. symptoms/damage (Ex: fever, swelling, pain, tissue damage, etc. )
· Where it can be found–where would a person come in contact with the pathogen (Ex: food, airborne, contaminated water, etc.)
· Prevention (Ex: immunization,hand washing, etc.)
· Treatments (Ex.: antibiotics, surgery, etc.)
8. Other details
· Make sure your poster is logically organized and sections are titled
· One additional interesting fact related to the pathogen
· Create a list of the resources you used. This may be a list of the specific websites you used. You may want to cut and paste the URLs of the websites into a document as you use them so you can keep track of the resources you used.