YOUR TASK: Your team must prepare for an expedition. You have been hired as the Geologist, Ecologist and Tour Guide for a 9th grade field trip. Before you can embark on your trip you must first RESEARCH information about your volcano, organize it into a REPORT and PRESENT this information to your class. Please follow the guidelines listed below:
Use the websites provide on the Process page to research the information outlined below:
- Reserach 3 different ways volcanoes form.
- Explain each way volcanoes form, include how your volcano formed.
- Research at least 3 different types of volcanoes.
- Explain each type, include what type of volcano yours is and why.
- Research at least 2 different types of volcanic eruptions and different types of lava.
- Explain each type of eruption and type of lava, include what type of eruption your volcano has.
- Research the consistancy of the Earth's present day atmosphere.
- Explain the major gases that make up our amosphere today.
- Research how volcanic activity can impact the atmosphere.
- Explain how volcanic eruptions impact the atmosphere, include how your volcano's impact.
- Research how volcanic eruptions can impact the surrounding wildlife, human activity and soil.
- Explain how volcanic eruptions impact the surrounding environment, include how your volcano's impact.
- Research areas of the world that are volcanically active and why.
- Explain what makes these areas so active and how your volcano is related to these areas
- Research the location, size and volcanic history of your volcano.
- Explain where your volcano is, how big it is in comparison to other volcanoes and a descriptive history of its past eruption(s).
- Research safety precautions that should be taken when visiting or living near a volcano.
- Explain how you would keep a people safe who were on tour of your volcano with you, include how people who live near a volcano stay safe.
Organize all of your research into a 2-4 page report following the requirments listed below:
- The paper must be 2-4 pages typed, double spaced, 12 pt. font.
- The paper must include an introduction, body and conclusion.
- The paper must include atleast 2 pictures, maps or charts.
- The paper must explain all of the criteria outline in the research section.
- The paper should include a title page and bibliography.
Plan a 2-3 minute presentation that you will give to the class following the requirments listed below:
- The presentation must be 2 to 3 minutes long.
- Each team member must contribute to the presentation.
- Each team member must speak about as if they were their role.
- The presentation must include at least 1 visual aid.
- The presentation should be based on the information found during your research and organized in your report.