The computer parts chosen for this assignment were chosen because they each define the most important elements of the Computer. The parts are:
Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Printer, Tower, Software
1. To begin your quest, each group will print out one copy of the Computer Picture Page under Attachments below and fill in the blanks next to each part of the computer. This paper will be a part of your booklet.
2. Each student in the group will then take a computer part to investigate and report on. Each member will use the websites provided to explore their own part of the computer.
3. Read through the websites designated. Remember to include the URL of the page you take information from so you can return to it and use it in your citation.
4. In Microsoft Word type up your booklet page and be sure to include a picture of your part. Answer the following questions:
Describe your computer part's appearance.
How much does the compter part you are researching cost? (ex: From $20.00 to $1,000.00)
Does your computer part come with any options? (ex: flat panel; color; wireless functions; size)
What function does your part serve as part of the computer?
Why is your part such an important computer part?
5. Play the Computer Parts Game - Click on the link below and play the game to see if you can match the computer parts. Be sure to read the directions on how to play the game first.
6. When each member is finished the group will put all of your work together, create a title page, add the computer picture page and put your finished product in the folders provided by your teacher. Your teacher will then make a copy of your booklet for each student in your group.
6. Finally, students will either print out another picture of their part/or draw a picture of their part (vote as a group which you want to do). The group will also decide how they will cut each computer part to look like a puzzle piece and put the puzzle together.
7. Each group will also share their booklet and puzzle with the entire class and report on their experience.
For your specific computer part visit the following sites:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/keyboard.htm - keyboard
http://www.smartkidssoftware.com/7&up1.htm - software
For all computer parts visit the following sites:
http://www.webopedia.com/ - In the search box - type the name of your computer part and press Go
http://library.thinkquest.org/C0115420/Cyber-club%20800x600/Computer%20Parts/Hardware/IO.htm - scroll down and click on the computer part you are researching
Play the Computer Parts Game