- The first task should be done in pairs. You need to find 3 examples of each type of food. It will be better if you find some new words. You can use a dictionary for doing this exercise.
- Then you are proposed to listen to an interview and answer the questions after the listening.
- After listening you move to another task. Here you are given the list of words that you should use in the tasks.
- Now you have to write a menu. But before doing this exercise you are supposed to read the given example of the menu and analyze it in pairs. Make notes about advantages and disadvantages of the given menu.
- The next task is connected with food idioms. You should name idioms with food which you know. Then you are proposed some idioms on the web-page http://www.heathermeloche.com/List%201%20-%20Food%20Idioms.htm. Open this link, read the material and then do the given exercises.
- Write the given answers in your copy books. Your teacher will check the answers and you'll get your points.
- The last task for you to be done is a composition. You must write the composition using the food idioms you've learnt before.
- Be ready to write a test at the end of the topic.
All tasks and materials that you need are attached below.
- Work in pairs.
- Listening task (listening, discussion after the listening, expressing the opinion).
- Work with a dictionary (food activity).
- Analyzing the menu.
- Food idioms and writing a composition using these idioms.
Remember! You must write a composition using the food idioms as much as possible. Don't forget to do exercises with food idioms before writing a composition. You must use the materials (listening task, menu analyzing and Web site with food idioms) which are attached with tasks.