Your first job in planning your dream vacation is to get organized. You will be working on this project in groups of 3 to be assigned by your teacher. Please make sure that before you start you have all the supplies you need in front of you.
1. budget worksheet (attachment #1)
3. lined paper
4. team folder
When working together please keep in mind a few things. Each team member should contribute to the project. Each student needs to complete their own paperwork.
*before you get started planning your vacation please take a few minutes to explore all that Walt Disney World offers using the link below*
There are three major expenses when planning your Disney vacation. Here are some questions to guide your planning.
1. How will you get there? Fly or drive?
You must travel from Chicago, IL to Orlando, FL. You may use the following link to discover how much airfare will cost for your family if you choose.
You may drive from Chicago, IL to Orlando, FL.. Use this link to discover how many miles it is from your home to Walt Disney World, FL 32830. You can only drive halfway so, you must include a hotel for an overnite stay when traveling to Disney and coming home. Don't forget food for the entire trip.
http://fuelcostcalculator.aaa.com/ This will calculate your fuel cost roundtrip
http://www.mapquest.com This will show you the route so you can figure out where halfway would be.
* Remember if you are driving you will need to eat two times on your way down and 2 times on your way back home. Each time you eat it will cost your family $20.00 and an extra $20.00 for traveling snacks.
2. Where will you stay? and for how long? This is once you arrive at Disney.
Now that you know how you will get there it is important to decide where you will stay. There are many hotels within the Disney complex but they have different costs and benefits. Search and review which hotel you would like to stay in using the link below. This will be a major expense and you should take your time deciding which one to stay at. Will you choose based on price, theme of hotel, or amenities offered? It's up to you.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ Click places to stay
3. How many days will you go to the park?
Now it is time to decide how many days you would like to go to the various theme parks within the Disney complex. The more days you would like to go to the parks the more it will cost you. One key thing to think of is that the price per day goes down the more days that you buy.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ Click Tickets & Packages
4. Don't forget you will need to eat while you are at Disney. You need to allow $100.00 per day for your whole family. If you choose to have a character meal you will need to look on the above website and click on Where to Eat and then click Character Dining and then click where you want to eat. The prices are per person and and are listed on the right-hand side of the screen. If you choose to have Character Dining you would need to subtract the total price of every family members' meal from the $100.00 for that day. You could also use any extra money from your budget that you have. If you don't have extra money from your budget you won't be able to enjoy this extra treat.
After each step that you go through please subtract that amount using your budget checklist.
If you break the budget, you may go back and adjust your expenses so that you have enough money to complete the process.
Once you have finished going through steps 1, 2, 3 & 4 please print attachment #2 & complete it according to the directions.
The last portion of the task is to print attachment #3 and complete it according to the directions on the worksheet.
I am excited for all of you to plan your trip to Florida. Who knows perhaps this can be used as a tool to persuade your parents to take more than a "virtual" trip to Walt Disney World!!