PROCESS AND RESOURCES
1. You will be given a Breed Information Form to record your findings. Fill in the
spaces with the basic information asked for about each breed. You may want to
take your own notes as well to include information that you find interesting but
doesn’t fit on the form. A two column note form is available for taking your own
2. You will be given a Website Informaton Form to write down information about
each of the websites that you use that are not on this list.
4. Next find the organizations that represent each breed. The three kennel
clubs listed above have links to the breed clubs. The breed clubs will provide
more information about each breed and its characteristics. You will choose one
dog that weighs up to 20 pounds or is less than 15 inches tall at the shoulder, one
that weighs between 25 and 50 pounds or is from 15 to 22 inches tall at the
shoulder, and one that weighs more than 60 pounds or is over 25 inches tall at the
The following websites may be used to learn about different things that dogs do to
5. Before you begin your PowerPoint you will need to have your Breed
Information form checked.
6. Finally, you will create a PowerPoint Presentation that will include:
a. at least one picture of each of your chosen breeds.
b. a description of the breed that:
i. includes all of the characteristics from the Breed Information Form.
ii. includes at least three traits that weren’t on the Breed Information Form.
c. a description of three qualities that you liked most about the breeds you chose.
d. three or more facts that you learned about dogs that you hadn't known
e. a comparison of at least five characteristics of each breed.