Why did the Industrial Revolution Start in Great Britain?
The Industrial Revolution began in Great Britain for many different reasons such as having geographical advantages, methods of transportation and communication, and the support of a colonial empire. Using the resources below, answer the following questions in your packet and determine the significance of each as a cause of the Industrial Revolution beginning in Great Britain.
1. Define the term: "factors of production"
2. How did coal and iron play a role in the origins of the Industrial Revolution in Great Britain?
3. What geographical feature played a role in the transportation of natural resources?
4. What role did the steam engine play in the Industrial Revolution?
- In your opinion, what factor do you feel played the biggest factor in the Industrial Revolution beginning in Great Britain? (Make sure to explain your answer)