- You will be divided into four groups; each group will be assigned a different topic.
- You will research your assigned topic using the suggested links below. Each of you will work on this step alone. You will read and complete a strong 3-2-1 according to your topic. (If you did not receive the 3-2-1 handout that was distributed in class, you can download it from the Resources section below.) NOTE: Read carefully. Make sure that all 3-2-1 notes are paraphrased or summarized. No direct quoting allowed.
- Once each of you has completed the 3-2-1, you will all come back as a team to share your findings with the class. You may use the Promethean and other boards to write down important notes for the class. NOTE: When your group is NOT sharing, you will be note-taking from other groups' presentations.
- After all groups have completed their sharing, you will come up with a list of the ten most important words that relate to the class's research.
- You will turn in ALL 3-2-1 handouts AND your list of ten words for final written credit. You will also receive in-class points for note-taking on the other groups' presentations.
Group #1: Harper Lee
Group #2: Jim Crow Laws
Group #3: Scottsboro Trial
Group #4: Great Depression
|Biography from |
The Rise and Fall of Jim Crow
(Choose President, Congress, or Supreme Court)
|Scottsboro Trial Timeline|
1. Read Film & More link
2. Read Timeline link
|Great Depression |
(Be sure to click on the FDR link within the text, too.)
Examples of Jim Crow Laws
(horrific but true)
|One Professor's Research|
(check out photos and ACTUAL court transcripts!)
|Photo Essay: The Depression|