Plant Life Cycle - The series of stages in the life of a living organism.
Seed Seed - A small plant embryo enclosed in a covering called a seed coat, usually with stored food.
Seedling Seedling - A young plant raised from a seed.
Root Mature Plant - A fully grown Plant that has reached adulthood.
Stem Flower - The part of a plant that makes seeds which continues the life cycle.
First: Lets Review
- Review spelling words and let students practice writing their words on their white boards using the teacher/student process. Students will practice with their shoulder partners where one student is the teacher calling out the words and the other student is the student writing the words and then they will swap roles.
- Review plant parts - Kahootz! https://create.kahoot.it/details/the-parts-of-a-plant/5eac8f2f-72b1-47a3-b7e8-48ccfce874f4
Next: Lets learn something new
- Review a short power point about the life cycle of plants.
- Watch a short you tube video about the life cycle of plants.
- Complete the Life cycle of a plant worksheet.
- Interactive Read Aloud - From Seed to Plant
Guiding questions from the Video: (These questions will help you with your brochure as well)
1. What is the first part of the plant life cycle?
2. What does a seed become?
3. What comes after a seedling in the life cycle of a plant?
4. What does a mature plant produce?
Lastly: Lets help the farmers in our town.
- Explain what a brochure is and hand out the brochure we will create.
- Have students fold the brochure and help where needed.
- Work through the cover and step one as a class.