- Create a group with 2-3 persons per group
- Decide how you are going to organize and keep your information. Make sure one of you writes down the information you received from the internet. Evenly distribute the roles in the group with each member. Make sure that everyone is contributing to this group project.
- Start by searching online resources about proper diet and nutrition, and what an everyday meal should look like. NOTE: Pay close attention to things such as: myplate, portion size, calorie intake, food groups, healthy foods within those food groups, and what each meal should contain.
- Once you have found sufficient websites to get information from begin to work on step 3.
- Develop a power point showing what the proper diet should look like:
- What foods to eat? (the main food groups)
- How much to eat? (serving size)
- What foods are good to eat in order to meet each of the required guidelines for the food groups?
- Explain the myplate
*Use pictures of the foods or things related to a healthy diet
- Write a one page summary comparing each of your group members diets with the recommended daily diet. (Double spaced)
- Research one food from each food group, and give a description of it
- Name the food
- What group it belongs to
- What macro nutrient it is made of (Carbohydrate, Fat, Protein)?
- What type of nutrients does the food hold a lot of, or what special qualities does it have (low calories, vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants)?
Note: Save all your documents, print them out, and turn them in the following class.
Some links are provided below to get you started