Alright, grade 3/4 journalists get ready! Below you will find your quests. With each task you will have to visit a webpage and listen or read information to answer your question.
Webquest #1: Homes
Watch the videos below on First Nations homes to understand how they were built and with what materials.
1. What were First Nations homes called? Name 5 if possible.
2. What types of materials did they use to make them? List as many as you can.
3. Why did each group/area have a different type of house?
Webquest #2: Clothing
Look at the pictures and text to help you answer these questions:
Plateau People Clothes
4. What would the First Nations people wear?
5. What was their clothing made of?
6. Did men and women wear the same thing?
Webquest #3: Tools
Go to the Museum of Anthropology website and type each of the following words into the search bar for pictures. What was each used for?
Webquest #4: Food
Visit and read the information found on this website:
7. What types of food did First Nations people eat?
8. How did they get their food?
Webquest #5: Religion and Beliefs
Webquest #6: Legends
The First Nations people have many legends that they pass onto the younger generations.
According to this video:
11. How was North America formed?
12. Is this a legend you would believe to be true? Why or why not?
Congratulations you have completed all of your quests!