Below you will find the break down in a day to day view as to what you will do to complete you mission that requires time travel.
- Learn about civil right by doing an online research using the key word civil rights movement. Then research two historical figures;
- Rosa Parks and Dr, Martin Luther King Jr.
- Students you will then write down 2 facts that you found interesting about these two figures.
- Vocabulary review and Language review
- Segregation, civil rights, constitution, racism, and racial discrimination
- Group discussion will take place about what was learned from the vocabulary.
- Group discussion about the southern accents, language, and what was considered social acceptance in that time.
- Students will act out the event that made history, Rosa Parks on the bus as well as what lead to that and what transpired after what was done was done.
- Read, "American Civil Rights Movement" by Emily Mahoney.
- Take notes on important facts read in the passages of the book.
- Watch the movie Selma, and have a group discussion based on what was watched.