Before beginning the lesson, fill out what you already know about plants in the "K" portion of your "KWL" chart. Then, write what you want to know in the "W" part of your chart. We will fill out the "L" after the lesson. KWL Chart
 First you will learn about the different parts of plants.
- Watch and sing along with this video about the parts of plants: Plant Rap;
- Then, play this game to test what you learned: Plant Parts
- After that, we are going to make this flower craft together: Flower Craft
 Next, you will learn how a seed grows into a plant. You will also learn how to grow a plant and what it needs to survive.
- Watch this time-lapse video of a pea plant seed growing: Time Lapse of Pea Plant
- Play this game to learn what a plant needs to grow: Life Cycle of Plants Game
- Listen and read along to this book being read aloud called, "The Tiny Seed" by Eric Carle: "The Tiny Seed"
Discussion question: Will daily weather conditions help or hurt the plant's growth each day? (sunny, cloudy, rainy, etc.)
Lastly, we will plant seeds together as a class: Plant Investigation
Throughout four weeks, we will observe our plants and track their growth using a string.