1. Use the link to listen to the book, The Greedy Triangle by Marilyn Burns and fill out worksheet A while you listen.
2. Watch the video describing shapes by KhanAcademy
4. Watch a lesson about partitioning shapes intoequal shares.
5. Listen to a song about fractions.
6. Visit the website Math is Fun to help you complete worksheet D.
Practice what you have learned by completing the following activities;
Identify 2-D shapes https://www.ixl.com/math/grade-2/identify-2-dimensional-shapes
Count Sides and Angles https://www.ixl.com/math/grade-2/count-sides-and-angles
Equal Parts https://www.ixl.com/math/grade-2/equal-parts
Halves, Thirds and Fourths https://www.ixl.com/math/grade-2/halves-thirds-and-fourths
Nowthat you have learned about shapes and partitioning shapes, itís time to show what you know by creating a Shape Robot.
Create a shape robot using the construction paper shapes your teacher has provided using the following criteria;
- The shape robot must be created with shapes and partitioned shapes.
- It must be created with at least 4 different shapes.
- It must include at least 2 different partitioned shapes. Remember,you can partition shapes to create other shapes.
Once you have created your robot, fill out a Shape Robot Data Sheet.