Here are several steps which you should go through if you wish to complete the tasks succesfully within the given time period of one month.
WEEK 1 (information gathering, starting on task 1)
- write down the key information you will need to find to complete your tasks
- read through the provided materials or find the information elsewhere to obtain the information you need, make notes
- start with the first task while the information is fresh
- make sure you find the information you need in atleast 2 different sources to ensure at least some form of credibility! (I am aware it is hard to find a "reliable" source so do not worry too much about it)
WEEK 2 (completion of task 1, additional reading, starting on task 2)
- finish the 1st task if you still haven't done so
- start putting ideas together to be ready to start with the essay
- if you do not wish to write the comparison essay, read several chapters (atleast 10) from different mangas and comics to find out which one you like more to be able to write the 1st one.
- start with the essay, write atleast the introductory paragraph.
WEEK 3 (completion of task 2, starting on task 3)
- finish your essay, do not forget to add citations if the ideas you used in your essay weren't completely your own.
- make group of 2 or 3 people so you can start working on your own manga
- if you manage to form a group, start thinking about what you would like to write, what event would you like to describe on those 2 pages, the layout of the pages etc, You should already have all the information you need to create a manga (layout, distinctive features etc)
- if you are not sure what it should contain and how it should look like for it to be manga and not a comic return to the materials provided or found on your own to get them.
WEEK 4 (manga, work in progress)
- start working on your manga if you haven't done so last week
- create a plan on how you wish to proceed first
- preferably divide the work between members equally according to your abilities for the work to progress smoothly (if someone if good with drawing characters or the background, let him/her do so, same can be said about making up interesting plot/event)
WEEK 5 (finish and hand in what you have)
- finish your manga and check your previous tasks again if everything is correct and according to instructions
- send everything to your teacher in electronic form or bring it to class