- First you will break into groups of two.
- Decide which partner will pick the food for the sister and which will pick the food for the brother.
- The partner feeding the sister will read about nutrition for diabetics on the following website: http://www.diabetes.org/food-nutrition-lifestyle/nutrition.jsp
This will help you with ideas on what you will feed your sister.
- The other partner will read about choosing healthy foods at fast food restaurants at the following website: http://coachlevi.com/nutrition/how-to-eat-healthy-at-fast-food-joints/
This site provides links to popular fast food places which include their nutritional facts.
- Each partner should develop a list of the 5 meals they are feeding their sibling. Try to choose foods from places that you like to eat.
- Each partner go to http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov/Default.aspx?Module=6 and sign up for an account. After creating an account, start filling in the information of the sibling you are feeding. The information is provided by your teacher.
- Add the foods you chose to the daily intake. Once you have finished entering all of the foods you chose, it will calculate the total intake and tell you if it meets the requirements according to the information you entered. If you meet the goals of the individual, then you are done. Help your partner if he/she is still working. If you do not meet the goals, then make the modifications that you think you need to make.
- Print the final report for submission. On your own, write the answer to the question; Is it possible to find healthy food at restaurants you normally eat at? Write the answer at the bottom of the last page.
- Teach you partner what you learned.
- Submit to teacher as a group.