- Each group will be formed by the teacher.
- Each group will be assigned a drug. (one of the following: tobacco, marijuana, methamphetamines, anabolic steriods, LSD, cocaine, MDMA [ecstasy], alcohol, heroin)
- Each group will conduct research on the assigned drug using the links attached at the bottom of this page.
- Each group will answer the questions listed below under the heading "Questions To Answer."
- While conducting research, each group will have the opportunity to earn a 5-point bonus.
- Each group will place the answers to the below questions on a poster in a neat, organized, and attractive manner.
- Each group will present the posters to the class.
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER:
1. What is your drug?
2. What is the category of your drug? (stimulant, depressant, androgenics, hallucinogen, or cannibas)
3. What are the common street/slang names?
4. What does it look like?
5. How is it used? (ie-injection, swallowed...)
6. What are common side effects?
7. What are symptoms of an overdose?
8. Is this drug addictive?
9. What are withdrawal symptoms?
10. What are short-term effects?
11. What are long-term effects?
12. List at least 5 myths about the drug.
13. List at least 5 facts about the drug (doesn't have to be related to the myths).
*****5-Point Bonus: You have to provide at least 2 interesting facts about the history or first creation of the drug.