- First you will be assigned to a team of 4 students.
- Each team member will pick one of the four coins to study: the quarter, the nickel, the dime, the penny.
- Once you have chosen your coin you will need to print out the "My Coin" worksheet to help organize the information you learn about the coin you chose.
- After all team members have completed their research, you will need to share the information you learned about your coin. As a group you must turn in the "What We Learned About Coins" worksheet.
- Now that your research is completed and all team members have shared what they learned, you will need to make Captain Joe's book of coins so he can take it with him when he leaves for his next pirate adventure.
- Finally, before you venture out to help Captain Joe spend his loot in preparation of his next adventure, use the links below to practice your skills.
**Note: When you click on the links use the right button on the mouse to click on the link and select "open in new window". This will prevent you from losing the webquest.
WEBSITES TO RESEARCH YOUR COIN
The QUARTER: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_quarter
CAPTAIN JOE'S BOOK OF COINS
Click on the link below to print out the images of the four coins. You will need to look under the heading"Circulating Coins" to select each of the four coins. Color, cut them out, and write down the name of the coin and how much it is worth.
TIME FOR SOME PRACTICE
Use the links provided to perfect your skills so you will be prepared to help Captain Joe spend his loot.