First, follow the procedures below to complete the Opening a Can of Worms Activity.
Next, view the game board tutorial, the game board templates and examples on the task page. Then, open the game board project document on this page. Follow the procedures and complete the project.
Next, view the video on how to use pipettes and the detail student guide on the task page. Then, open the Pipette lab template and complete the lab with your partner.The pipette lab template is on the task page.
Finally,open the Chemotax Assay lab and Data Tabulation Excel document on this page, in groups of two, you will complete this lab in class with your teacher.
Opening a Can of Worms
Read through the following set of questions before you beginyour Internet research. As you explore each site, look for the answers to the questions. The websites can be found at the bottom of this page and on the task page.
Questions about C.elegans
1. Explain the reproductive cycle of the C. elegans.
2. Write five important facts about nematode. How are nematodeand C. elegans related?
3. Why did Sydney Brenner think that the success ofmolecular biology was due to the existence of model systems?Include C. elegansin your answer.
4. How do C. elegans live and grow in their habitat?
5. What do round worms have to do with C. elegans?
6. Explain the reproduction cycle of a c. elegans? Draw adiagram of their reproduction system. Make sure you label the parts.
7. Describe at least three parts of the C. elegansí organsystem.
8. Explain the coordination and motion of C. elegans.
9. Write five things that Brenner and Sulston discovered about C. elegans?
10. From the research, create one questions and write theanswer.
Open up the edu glogster website. Sign up to glogster. Create a nickname and password. Create an online glogster (interactive poster) on what you learned about C. elegans. Make sure you include text, graphics, and music. You may include video and other features on your glog. View glogster tutorial to help you get started. The website address is http://www.glogster.com/