Click here to get the basic steps in the Big 6 Research Model.
- Make a list of each step along with the two sub steps of each.
- Read and discuss the different steps and write three questions on your concerns as to how the model works.
- Share the questions written on day and scroll down and watch movie # 1 to seek answers to the questions.
- Using the format from the video, prepare a research plan for the following Question; "What types of music are in the Jamaican Culture?"
- Your plan should include at least:
- Four keywords you'll use to search
- Four sources you plan to collect the resources from
- Two ways you plan to collect the information,
- One sentence telling how the information will be used,
- One sentence telling how you plan to put the information together
- Three things you will look for when evaluating the final project.
- Research information on Jamaican Music by clicking here. Retrieve the information you need.
- Go to the school library and extract the relevant information from the book entitled "Reggae: The Story of Jamaican Music" By Lloyd Bradley.
- Collate the information on the different types of music in the Jamaican culture and organize in the form of a written three page project that tells the definition and features of each type of music listed. Your project may be typed or legibly hand-written. If you are going to type, it should be Times New Roman 12 and double spaced.
- You will be given time to present your research paper in class.
- For your assignment, you are to scroll to the bottom of the page Print the 'Self Test' form and fill it in with the steps in the Big 6 Model