1. Assign roles for your paper. You will need to study current newspapers to see how a newspaper looks. Suggested roles might include but are not limited to :
· Editor(s) for news, sports entertainment sections
· Typesetters, copy personnel, writers
· Photographers or personnel in charge of images, pictures, clip art
2. Decide on the sections that your paper will contain. You must include political, social, economic, religion, and entertainment sections.
3. Your paper must include analysis and reviews on the literature of the period. Samples of editorials that some of the important persons of this period might have written for example may be in this section.
· Include Thomas Paine, John Hancock, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin
· Include reviews of some of the important discoveries and or inventions of this period.
· Must include coverage of the Revolutionary War
· The slavery issue update articles
4. You must use the web sites to research the period to see what was happening politically, socially, and economically during this time.
5. After you have gathered information, get together with your group members to decide which material will be used and which will not fit.
6. You are now ready to start writing your articles.
7. Do a final proofreading and editing of your work to begin putting the paper together.
8. Finally, put your paper together or as people in the business say, “Put your paper to bed!”