Your journey will take you throughout a full Colonial day. Please be sure to complete all of the steps in order and write 5 complete paragraphs in your Colonial Time Machine Journal.
1. Please find the appropriate articles of clothing to wear in Colonial America and identify with your group the differences from today's clothing. This link may help you; http://www.history.org/history/clothing/index.cfm
2. Where did your Time Machine take you? Are you on the East or West Coast of America? What facts can you compile by discussing with your Time Machine travelers about the colonial populations. Please write in your journal, by navigating below;
3. Did you consider eating tonight? Please individually list and compare your Colonial dinner with your present dinner menu? Try finding data at one of the following destinations;
4. What did you learn at colonial school and around town? What evidence can you find and write in your journal about the Colonial topics you learned today? Did your teacher identify the theme of "independence"? Please identify the function of indepence in your journal. Who was an important person you discussed during your Colonial visit and why do you think this person was important to American colonialization? Maybe these links will help you in your journey;
5. Was there time for play at the end of the day? If so, what could you do? Can you invent a different game for colonial children? Please individually write about one in your journal. Find out at: http://noahwebsterhouse.org/games.html