1) Print the Reading Strategies graphic organizer.
2) Study the Reading Strategies PowerPoint presentation, arranging what you have learned into the graphic organizer.
1) View the additional resources and integrate the content into your graphic organizer.
2)View the running record youtube resource.
1) Choose a familiar student and a children's book that will stretch the child's developmental reading ability.
2) Create a book script with running record symbols - see the attchment, 'Creating a Book Script' for guidance.
3) Invite child to participate in reading the book while you keep a running record.
1) Assess the use of reading strategies used by the child. Summarize on the book script an area of weakness that is supported by your running record documentation.
2) Using that area of weakness, plan and write a mini-lesson to address the student's need.
1) Click on Conclusion tab, at left, for activity.